Thursday 23 August 2012

Time flies by

It seems that it was just yesterday that I was saying goodbye to my class of wonderful grade ones and cleaning up  the classroom for summer vacation.  I was just beginning to make summer plans with my own children. July just flew by and before I knew it August was halfway finished. This summer I have managed to read several good books, mostly fiction, as well as have fun vacations with my family to our family cabin and to Penticton. I have even managed to continue to build on my professional development via Twitter. Through Twitter I have discovered many great ideas such as:

*moving my classroom furniture around (moving my desk) to open up the room more and make it even more student centered.
*Global ReadAloud-signed up
*Quadblogging-signed up and starts in September
*Flat Classrom Project-applied and was accepted and will do it in the Spring
*Whiteboard paint on tables- great idea. Now just have to find some tables
*building a terrarium

I have also met some wonderful, inspiring teachers on Twitter. This summer I set up a new class blog and am excited to use it in September.

Next week, I will be excited to go into the classroom and set it up for a new school year. I always enjoy sorting the books, moving the furniture, planning for the year, visiting with colleagues that I haven't seen this summer and meeting new staff. I will also be sad that summer is coming to an end and that the lazy days of summer are coming to an end like reading on the patio, going to bed late, sleeping in and playing at the beach. Instead early mornings, packing lunches, loading up hockey equipment into the car, rushing to work, late dinners, hockey practice, Scouts, and swimming lessons will all be starting again. 

But time flies and before you know it summer will be here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment